Dear Sun Trip friends, fans and followers,
Please find here the complete schedule for the Sun Trip Tour 2017. You are welcome to join us and meet the participants. We hope to see you on some of these locations!
The Sun Trip Team
Saturday July 9 : Clermont-Ferrand (start)
- From 9:30 a.m. on: We’ll be on the Place de Jaude.
- Group start around 10:30 a.m. in the direction of the Plateau de Gergovie from where there will be the actual start around 1 p.m. in collaboration with the Puy de Dôme department.
- Bicycle riders may follow the solar cycles group until the Plateau de Gergovie.
Sunday July 9: Le Puy en Velay (arrival)
- From 2 to 4 p.m.: Arrivals and solar cycles exhibition in front of the town hall, Place Martouret.
Monday July 10: Le Puy-en-Velay (start)
- Group start at 9:30 a.m. in front of the town hall, Place Martouret.
Tuesday July 11: Lans-en-Vercors (arrival)
- From 2 to 5 p.m.: Arrivals and solar cycles exhibition Place de la Mairie.
- 5 p.m.: Sun Trip presentation by the organizers followed by the Sun Trip 2015 movie screening at the Saint-Donat Cinema at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday July 12: Lans-en-Vercors (start)
- From 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Cyclists may ride with the solar cycles pack on Via Vercors. Departure from Place de la Mairie.
July 12 and 13: On The Road
- Participants will be free to chose their itinerary until Val d’Isère. Chances are that you can find them on a few different mountain passes, including the Croix de Fer, the Lautaret, the Galibier but most of all in the Col de l’Iseran.
Friday July 14: Val d’Isère (arrival)
- 3 p.m.: group arrival on the Salon du véhicule électrique et hybride where the solar cycles will be exhibited.
Saturday July 15: Val d’Isère (day off)
- Participants will take turns all day long on the Sun Trip stand at the Salon du véhicule électrique et hybride.
- There might be a Col the l’Iseran ascent with a few participants, if the weather allows.
- 4 p.m.: The Sun Trip Team will take part in a round table at the salon on the topic of Solar-Powered Mobility.
Sunday July 16: Val d’Isère (day off)
- 9 a.m.: Departure in front of the Tourism Office with the Montée électrique de l’Iseran, an event organized by the Val d’Isère Resort and open to all cycles and e-bikes.
- Our solar bikes will ride the first few kilometers only and then turn towards the Little and the Great Saint Bernard Pass.
Monday July 17: Lausanne (arrival)
- From 1 p.m. on: Participants will gather in Lutry, place des Fêtes.
- At 3:30 p.m.: Group start towards Lausanne for a public cycles parade in collaboration with Pro Vélo Lausanne.
- From 4 to 8 p.m.: Group arrival and solar cycles exhibition on the Place de la Riponne, in collaboration with Lausanne City and the Canton de Vaud.
- 9:30 p.m.: evening party at the Jetée de la Compagnie.
July 18 and 19: On The Road
Group start from the lake shore in Lausanne and then the participants are free to choose their course until Trevoux.
Thursday July 20: Trevoux (arrival)
- From 2 to 4 p.m. : Arrivals and solar cycles exhibition on the Place de la Terrasse.
- 18h : Unveiling the new electric vehicles charging points in Trevoux (Bas Port/Lower Quay).
Friday July 20 (final day)
- 9:30 a.m.: Group start from Trevoux (Bas Port/Lower Quay) towards Lyon through the towpath. Cycling riders may accompany the group until Neuville-sur-Saone.
- 11:30 a.m.: Arrival on the Quays of the Rhone river in Lyon (close to Guillotiere), in collaboration with the Greater Lyon Area.
- Noon : Awards and closing ceremony.
- Until 4 p.m.: Solar cycles exhibition on the arrival site.
End Of The Event