You will find bellow all the information you are looking for on this new Sun Trip Project, tested and approved by 15 former SunTrippers in 2019.
The Corsica Sun Trip is the idea of the Sun Trip Adventure on a regional, more accessible level. In mid-season, we go looking for the sun wherever it is !
This week-long tour offers the opportunity to experience the solar bike journey. Unlike the Sun Trip Tour, the Corsica Sun Trip offers a recommended itinerary and meeting points every evening.
2019 Image Gallery: click here
- 2019 participants reactions:
- Jean-Marc: “a superb crossing of Corsica from North to South by solar bike. Sea, Mountains, smells, colors…and sun! Ideal to discover Corsica, and in my case with Stéphane Clémot, an extraordinary guide!”
- Gilbert: “a lovely organisation team, lovely participants and inhabitants… And I was fed up of hearing “Corsica is so beautiful” during the whole SunTrip. You don’t even need to say it, anybody is stricken by its beauty. I can’t wait for the next edition.
- Find out more on the energy produced during the Corsica Sun Trip in 2019, in the second part of this article by Yannick Aspe
Itinerary for the 2020 Corsica Sun Trip Edition
The Corsica Sun Trip will take place from the 12th to the 19th of October 2020, with a departure in Bastia and an arrival in Bonifacio, in the South of the island. These elements could change depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020 Itinerary will be more or less the same as the 2019: the Cap Corse tour and then the GT20 route.
Without any surprise, this itinerary is mountainous. The flat sectors are rare. The GT20 is normally scheduled in 12 days but thanks to the solar-electric bike, the Corsica Sun Trip can be accomplished in 6 stages.
The help of the bike is decisive, but you should have had a previous biking experience and/or be used to cycling 100km per day.
Note that after the arrival of Bonifacio, 2 days are still necessary to go back to Propriano (or Ajaccio) and wait for the return ferry.
In 2019, 15 people participated in the test edition. For this year’s edition, we want to go up to 25 participants.
There are two reasons for which we’d like to keep the group small:
- There is limited accommodation available at this time in Corsica, the campsites are often closed (and wild camping prohibited).
- a small group encourages team spirit, mutual aid and conviviality.
Registration for the Corsica Sun Trip 2020 includes:
- Return ferry transfer from the mainland (person + bike only), conditions will be specified later.
- The official jersey of the edition and some small souvenirs.
- Accommodation each day (gite or 3star hotel depending on the day)
- Cost of being accompanied by:
- a small logistics/ technical team to organise the steps and help fix any technical problems
- a team of professional photographers, to give you beautiful photo / video memories of this unforgettable experience at the end.
Sign up fees for 2020 are 700 euros all taxes included.
If you wish to be guided in the purchase or rental of a solar bike, we would be happy to provide you with some contacts.
To pre-register, please complete the following form: forms.gle/7zjQzqdsCkeY6qsx9
Corsica ST 2019 as seen by Béatrice Cazanave:
Corsica ST 2019 as seen from the vélomobile of Jean-Marc Dubouloz:
Solar mutual aid is the Sun Trip: