With one month to go, here is the provisional programme of the event with many highlights on the first and last stages in France.
The main dates of the Sun Trip Alpes 2022 :
- 15 June: at 12:00 a pre-departure will be organised at Place des Terreaux in Lyon.
- June 15-16: Welcome of participants at the base camp located at Col de Porte @restaurant les 3 sommets
- June 16 (4:30-7pm): Sun Trip Alpes X GIANT village in Grenoble on the MINATEC site with stands and mini conferences.
- June 17 (10am): Official departure from the Y.SPOT Partners towards the mountains of the Chartreuse massif.
- June 17 afternoon: Educational presentation at the Château des Ducs in Chambéry with several primary school classes.
- 18 June (11am): Meeting between the cyclists and a hundred teenagers from the Universal National Service around workshops and a biathlon initiation at La Féclaz.
- 19 June (10am-11am): Exhibition of the bikes on the Paquier in Annecy. Last stop before the Suntrippers disperse towards Andermatt
- 22 June at the end of the afternoon: Welcome in the town centre of Andermatt (Switzerland) by the town and time for exchange with the public and local partners.
- 23 June: Departure from Andermatt towards Disentis (nearby pass) for a buffet and a time of exchange.
- 25 June: Arrival in Innsbruck (Austria) for a gathering of the participants with an overnight stay in a nearby campsite.
- 28-29-30 June: Break day in Slovenia
- 1 July: Arrival in Conegliano (Italy) for an overnight stay and dinner in a castle relay.
- 5-6 July: Back to France in Val Cenis with a special event planned with local institutions on the afternoon of 6 July.
- 8 July: Gathering in a Gîte near Lyon (Brignais)
- 9 July (morning): Official arrival of all participants in Lyon, on the Place des Terreaux. Animations between 10 and 11.30 am.