The association builds connections between Sun Trip participants and all their friends. Working closely with the Sun Trip Company, its mission is to help design and run events, most notably by supervising volunteer work.
Its Board of Directors and Bureau are largely made up of former Suntrippers, who wish to pursue their involvement and keep the spirit of the Sun Trip alive.
- to act as guardians of the Sun Trip values, in particular with a group of active members systematically consulted by the Sun Trip Company on the direction taken;
- to be active in the organization of Sun Trip and Sun Trip Tour events, in particular by supervising and coordinating volunteers.
- to foster initiatives by raising awareness for a general audience or by organizing regional events under the Sun Trip banner such as the “Corsica Sun Trip” or the “Pirineos Sun Trip”.
- to cooperate with the Lyon-Canton Sun Trip founding partners – Lyon city, the Greater Lyon, Only Lyon and the New Franco-Chinese Institute – the boost the international impacts of the Sun Trip.
- to associate with the Chinese community of Lyon in order to carry out actions of Franco-Chinese cultural influence around the Sun Trip Lyon-Canton project.
- to raise awareness on ecomobility, especially for young people and school pupils.
- to gather participants alumni and showcase renewable energies through adventure and travel and foster research and development around electro-solar mobility, pushing oneself to the limits, accessibility as well as friendship among peoples through the promotion of the Sun Trip adventure and its values.
- to maintain links with other associations promoting new mobility, in particular the Vecolo association involved since 2017 with the Sun Trip for technical support.
- d’intégrer la dynamique du Sun Trip dans celle impulsée à l’internationale par la ville de Lyon, la métropole du Grand Lyon, Only Lyon ou encore le Nouvel Institut Franco-Chinois, partenaires fondateurs du Sun Trip Lyon-Canton.
Follow our posts and suggest topics for us to cover: the Association’s blog
Join Us in The Association’s Facebook Group
Contact Us: email@example.com
Our Next Rendez-Vous
- Our members will be involved in the Sun Trip France this Summer 2020, depending on the health and regulatory situation.
- Pirineos Sun Trip: initially scheduled for the end of April 2020, this first event is postponed.
- Corsica Sun Trip 2020: the 2nd event is scheduled for early Fall 2020. More information to come.
- Sun Trip France 2020 debrief: we are planning an event in Annecy during the fall of 2020, in conjunction with the Department of Haute-Savoie.
- Grand Bivouac Festival in Albertville: Scheduled for October 15-18, it will be an opportunity to look back at this global crisis and its impacts. The Sun Trip will certainly be present.
- The Sun Trip Electro-Solar Lyon Happy Hours: this concept will be tested as of September. The goal is to offer a moment to exchange on solar bikes technical and design issues, stimulate interest for our events and sketch out the upcoming Sun Trip projects.
- Departure Event for the Sun Trip 2021: along with the Sun Trip Company, the association will coordinate a parallel event from Lyon to the Alps, gathering the Sun Trip family and encourage cheer for the 2021 adventurers.