Discover the beauty of the Alps!
After Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Corsica and Brittany, the Sun Trip is launching a new regional edition of its adventures: a 100% Alps loop!
The start will be in Grenoble on June 17, 2022, from the GIANT Campus! The finish will be celebrated in Lyon on July 9, after 2500 km of adventure leading the participants to Slovenia.
40 participants are registered for this edition, they will be presented very soon.
The complete route :
An alpine but accessible route!
The Sun Trip Alps will be a new great chapter in our dynamic, with a crossing of 6 countries (including 5 member countries of the European Union). A loop of just over 2500 km, with 7 major stages and welcomes every 2 to 4 days, which will be a unique opportunity to discover the richness and diversity of the Alps.
On the programme are some of the most mythical passes in the Alps, more accessible discoveries and stopover sites in the middle of nowhere. You will be surprised by the beauty of this area!
The Sun Trip Alps will not include any speed challenge, but as in 2019 will offer a game of bonus points to be picked up at the top of the biggest passes or on the banks of certain lakes.
Some initial information:
- Duration: June 17 to July 9
- Average daily mileage: minimum 120 km.
- Accommodation: about 10 nights (camping, gîte, refuge, hotel).
- GPS Live map
- Organisation team: a logistics team, a technical team (with a participative workshop), an image team.
- Video/Photo team
The planning :
- Base camp at Col de Porte, 15 and 16 June.
- Departure on the morning of 17 June after a conference and on the GIANT campus (Grenoble).
- 17 June: Educational presentation at the Château des Ducs in Chambéry des Ducs in Chambéry, followed by an overnight stay on Lac du Bourget.
- Departure the next day in the direction of Annecy.
- Overnight stay on 18 June: Lake Annecy (Doussard).
- 19 June morning: Last stage in France on the Pâquier in Annecy at the end of the morning.
- Andermatt: arrival on 22 June, welcome by the town by the town and departure on 23 June.
- Innsbruck: arrival on 25 June, departure on 26 June.
- Bled: arrival on 28th, break on 29th, departure on 30th June.
- Conegliano: arrival on 1 July, departure on 2 July.
- Val Cenis: arrival on 5 and 6 July, departure on 7 July.
- Eve of arrival: 8 July, meeting in a gîte near Lyon (Brignais).
- Arrival on the morning of July 9th in Lyon (Place des Terreaux).
- Possibility of a bonus night in Lyon (Gite Ethic Etape).
Dare the freedom of the solar bike and go beyond your limits!
Since 2013, the objective of the Sun Trip is to promote new energies by relying on the human wealth of its participants.
On the roads of the world (Kazakhstan 2013, Turkey 2015, China 2018) the Sun Trip shows that solar energy adapted to electric bikes can create speed feats and universal emotions.
With the regional projects, the idea is to involve an ever wider public to demonstrate that the solar bike can allow everyone to (re)discover cycling and climb the greatest passes of the Alps for this 2022 edition!