Discover the beauty of the Alps!
After Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Corsica and Brittany, the Sun Trip is launching a new regional edition of its adventures: a 100% Alps loop!
The start will be in Grenoble on June 17, 2022, from the GIANT Campus! The finish will be celebrated in Lyon on July 9, after 2500 km of adventure leading the participants to Slovenia.
40 participants are registered for this edition, they will be presented very soon.
The complete route :
An alpine but accessible route!
The Sun Trip Alps will be a new great chapter in our dynamic, with a crossing of 6 countries (including 5 member countries of the European Union). A loop of just over 2500 km, with 7 major stages and welcomes every 2 to 4 days, which will be a unique opportunity to discover the richness and diversity of the Alps.
On the programme are some of the most mythical passes in the Alps, more accessible discoveries and stopover sites in the middle of nowhere. You will be surprised by the beauty of this area!
The Sun Trip Alps will not include any speed challenge, but as in 2019 will offer a game of bonus points to be picked up at the top of the biggest passes or on the banks of certain lakes.
Pre-registration are now open
A maximum of forty places will be available. This pre-registration is not binding.
Some initial information:
- Duration: June 17 to July 9
- Average daily mileage: minimum 120 km.
- Accommodation: about 10 nights (camping, gîte, refuge, hotel).
- GPS Live map
- Organisation team: a logistics team, a technical team (with a participative workshop), an image team.
- Video/Photo team
- Fees : 900 euros solo / 1300 euros duos
- Fees under 30 years old : 500 euros solo / 800 euros duo
- Business registration : contact us for more information if you wish to participate on behalf of a company.
- Adventure rules: we will send a first version to the people registered.
–> Pre-registration form <–
Dare the freedom of the solar bike and go beyond your limits!
Since 2013, the objective of the Sun Trip is to promote new energies by relying on the human wealth of its participants.
On the roads of the world (Kazakhstan 2013, Turkey 2015, China 2018) the Sun Trip shows that solar energy adapted to electric bikes can create speed feats and universal emotions.
With the regional projects, the idea is to involve an ever wider public to demonstrate that the solar bike can allow everyone to (re)discover cycling and climb the greatest passes of the Alps for this 2022 edition!